gacutil in a spec file

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 11:09:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have the following line in a spec file for mysql-connector-net

gacutil -i %{name}-{version}/bin/mono-1.0/release/MySql.Data.dll -gacdir
%{buildroot}/usr/lib/mono/gac

When I do a binary build, the build fails at this point. However, if I
enter from the command line

gacutil
-i /home/paul/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-net-1.0.7/bin/mono-1.0/release/MySql.Data.dll -gacdir /usr/lib/mono/gac

I don't have a problem.

Is there a problem with how rpm passes information to the likes of
gacutil or am I just doing something wrong?

TTFN

Paul

(this is for bug 177512)
Dr Who