gacutil in a spec file

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jan 18 11:28:29 UTC 2006

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following line in a spec file for mysql-connector-net
>
> gacutil -i %{name}-{version}/bin/mono-1.0/release/MySql.Data.dll -gacdir
> %{buildroot}/usr/lib/mono/gac
>
> When I do a binary build, the build fails at this point. However, if I
> enter from the command line
>
> gacutil
> -i /home/paul/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-net-1.0.7/bin/mono-1.0/release/MySql.Data.dll -gacdir /usr/lib/mono/gac
>
> I don't have a problem.

The spec file has a relative directory reference to the MySql.Data.dll
file, whereas your command line uses an absolute directory reference. I
suspect gacutil is not being run from the directory you think it is.

Try:
gacutil -i bin/mono-1.0/release/MySql.Data.dll -gacdir
%{buildroot}/usr/lib/mono/gac

Paul.