Mono apps in extras

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 24 10:43:16 UTC 2006

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2006, 10:22 +0000 schrieb Paul F. Johnson:
>[...]
> Before I do that though, could someone in the know say what happened at
> the FE meeting last night

There was no meeting yesterday -- they're on each Thursday at 18:00 UTC
#fedora-extras on freenode.

I only set a deadline for yesterday to allow people to hand in a
"fedora-extras should forbid mono packages in extras" proposal. Nothing
showed up so there is nothing to discuss for FESCo afaics (the FESCo
members were all quiet, too).

So it seems the old rule applies: If it's allowed in Core it's also fine
for Extras.

> over allowing mono apps into FE? I don't want
> to waste my time packaging for FE with mono if they're not allowed in.

I'm sure this mailinglist-thread will make waves again. Maybe something
comes out of it this time or maybe there will be a longish discussion in
the next FESCo meeting. Wait till the meeting is over.

CU
thl