How to update the package?

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 09:21:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I am maintaining the package called "system-config-control". Current version of this package is 1.0-4. I want to provide the new version, 1.0-5 with some modification.

 I have tried the following steps, but haven't any luck in updating it.

 Here are the steps i followed for updating from 1.0-3 to 1.0-4:
 1. cvs co system-config-control
 2. cd system-config-control/devel
 3. modified the spec file with release no. "4%{?dist}"
 4. commited the changes
 5. make sources FILES="system-config-control-1.0.tar.bz2" (This .bz2 file is with all modifications)
 6. commited the changes
 7. plague-client build system-config-control system-config-control-1_0-4_fc5 fc5

 And i got the new version 1.0-4 but it still runs the code of 1.0-3 only. The srpm on the buildsystem itself contains the source of 1.0-3 only though it's 1.0-4.srpm.

 I don't know what i did wrong. Can somebody please give me the some inputs/exact steps for doing that?

 Thank You!
 Ankit Patel