Wiki-Update (Was: Re: How to update the package?)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 26 12:25:55 UTC 2006

Le Jeu 26 janvier 2006 12:35, Thorsten Leemhuis a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 11:57 +0100 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
>
>>[...]
>> Also make sure you prefer "make new-sources FILES=..." instead
>> of "make sources FILES=...". The former will replace the "sources"
>> file within CVS and not just add entries to it.
>>
>> "make tag" is missing in your steps, btw.
>> [....]
>
> We really should update the wiki with a proper, more detailed
> description how to update a package.
>
> The section "How do I update an existing package in CVS?" on

My stupid way of doing things is to just create a separate srpm for all
branches (%{dist} is my friend), cvs-import them (whith the import script
magically noticing already-uploaded sources and tagging everything as
needed) then make plague.

ie only two commands to remember, I know it's dreadfully inefficient on
the software side but it's easier on me.

--
Nicolas Mailhot