cephes-1.3 would anyone like to adopt this?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Jan 26 16:16:13 UTC 2006

> http://nbecker.dyndns.org:8080/cephes-1.3-1.src.rpm
>
> cephes is a well-know small library of useful numerical special functions.

There is allready a private cephes version in grace (which is very
similar with the one you propose). The original cephes library, however,
is at:

http://www.moshier.net/cephes-math-28.tar.gz

which seems to be a newer version, with more precisions/library functions
available. There are also makefiles, but I believe it'll be quite a pain
to have it in shape with fedora, especially if shared libs are wanted.

Regarding the licence, there are some files related with cephes licence
within grace, that state that the author permits the cephes redistribution
under the LGPL that I found on the net and come from the debian project.

On the web I also found that there are wrappers, at least a perl and a
python wrapper.

I don't have time to package it, but I could be part of the review.
Regarding portability, there are 2 issues that may be problematic, but
that I don't know enough to comment, namely 64 bit cleaness and use
of assembly language.

--
Pat