Shortlog from todays fesco meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 27 05:41:50 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 22:51 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:

> > TL> The Agenda, often with links to some more detailed background on
> > TL> the topics http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule
> >
> > When an agenda item says "Somebody needs to...", can that somebody
> > come from outside the committee?

Yes, sure.

>   I would like to see action on the
> > security proposal (since I brought it up in the first place) but I got
> > the impression that it is in the hands of the committee now and that I
> > should just wait to see what is decided.

No, most of us are busy with other stuff. So somebody (from in- or
outside FESCo) needs to work out the whole thing in general and the
rough details (and if you do a good job you might end up in FESCo
eventually). Present it to FESCo (via
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SecurityPolicy ) and
send it to this list for a public discussion.

After that FESCo will look at it and discuss it in a IRC meeting. Would
be good if those that created the proposal would be attending to the
meeting.

Does that sound like a good plan? That's the way I would like to handle
it with other stuff, too.

(side note: I plan to write a small "How FESCo works" for the wiki when
I find time for it)

>[...]

> BTW why has this been moved down the list, it used to be quite high on
> the schedule list.

Nope, I just changed the layout a bit -- in fact it even was  moved up a
bit in the list.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule?action=recall&rev=146
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule?action=recall&rev=147

> Is it an idea to discuss this the next fesco meeting and that I and
> Jason join that part of the fesco meeting?

As I said working out some details would be a start. Things like "Who
does the work" "Who is responsible" "Do we need a mailinglist for it? Or
do we need two: one open and one closed list?" "How long should we wait
for the maintainer to react until the security team steps up and simply
fixes the bug?" There are probably other details that should be defined
before we start this for real.

Cu
thl