rdiff-backup for FC3

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:59:48 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Gianluca Sforna <giallu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any reason why the latest updates of rdiff-backup where not
> issued for FC3? This way, I can no longer use it to backup between my
> laptop (FC3) and server (FC4).
>
> I just verified that the current srpm package for FC4
> (rdiff-backup-1.0.1-1.fc4.src.rpm) builds and works correctly also in
> FC3, so I think it would be just a matter of adding it to the build
> queue...

FC3 has entered maintainence mode with the release of FC5test2.
There is no policy for Fedora Extras that requires maintainers to
supply packages for Core releases that have entered maintainence mode.
 If the original maintainer doesn't want the burden of keeping FC3
updated now that its in maintainence mode, another maintainer may need
to express interest in supplying those updates.

-jef