Review please... (mono apps for FE)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jan 28 11:44:31 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, den 28.01.2006, 08:03 +0000 schrieb Paul F. Johnson:
> Hi,

> > > Ah come on, someone must want to review them. Please...
>
> > I'd do it but I honestly know NOTHING about mono, I have a feeling I'm
> > not alone.....
>
> Looks like I'll need to wait for one of the RH bods to look at them
> then. In the meantime, can someone at least check the spec files?

It's probably a good idea to gather some informations about special
issues around packaging and reviewing software that uses mono.

Paul (and other people packaging/reviewing mono stuff), could you
collect those informations and put them in
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Mono

tia!

The page probably should look similar to the Python page found at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python

BTW, that page still has:
---
Instead of depending on a specific python version, depend on python-abi,
which is provided by the install Python interpreter package, like so:
[...]
Requires:       python-abi = %(%{__python} -c "import sys ; print sys.version[:3]")
---
Is this still valid in FC4 and newer? I thought rpm handles that on
their own these days. Could someone that knows more details behind this
clean up that page? tia!

Cu
thl

BTW: I created a special namespace
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
in the wiki for issues around packaging and moved/will move some pages
there.