New tracker bugs for the use of ExcludeArchs in packages

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jan 29 17:23:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:50:52 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > Just FYI, I created several new tracker bugs:
> > >
> > > 179258 - FE-ExcludeArch-x86
> > > 179259 - FE-ExcludeArch-x64
> > > 179260 - FE-ExcludeArch-PPC
> > >
> > > How should they get used?
> > Why have users
>
> Packagers, not users.
>
> > to cope with this at all?
>
> We need the reason why a packager is ExcludeArch/ExlusiveArch somewhere
> documented. Bugzilla is the right place for this IMHO.

No, the .spec file is.

Bugzilla may be used to track existing packages which are affected
by ExcludeArch tags. But prior to that, the spec file must explain
the reason for using ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch.

> > It probably wouldn't be too difficult to write script
>
> The script does not know why the package is ExcludeArch/ExlusiveArch.

First talk about how to enter such information to a spec file,
then talk about how a script can extract the information. ;-)

> >  to iterate through
> > all *.specs or srpms and update such bugzilla PRs automatically.
>
> Update??? A bug only should be filed once when the
> ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch is added -- in most cases this will
> during/after review.

Doesn't suffice. Imagine an upstream upgrade can be built for all
archs. Who looks up the tracker tickets in bugzilla?