Anyone seen this error?

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Mon Jan 30 17:47:43 UTC 2006

Dan Williams wrote:

>>>Thanks, that explains a lot. This error has started appearing recently
>>>in two of my packages, which previously built fine in mock. Is this due
>>>to changes in mock? Is this a bug?
>>>

>>Not too long ago, mock failed to properly check for unpackaged files.
>>That seems to have been fixed.
>>

>I updated the builders to the fixed version of mock late last week.

OK, so I guess I have to change my spec files to deal with this.
However, the underlying reason this error has come up is that mock is
apparently building in a pseudo root environment. Since packages should
be able to be built without being root, it seems like it would be more
correct for mock to emulate a user environment. Wouldn't that prevent
/usr/share/info/dir from being created in the first place? I'm sorry if
I'm completely misunderstanding mock here.

-Quentin