Anyone seen this error?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jan 30 18:23:06 UTC 2006

Quentin Spencer wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:

>>> Not too long ago, mock failed to properly check for unpackaged files.
>>> That seems to have been fixed.
>>>

>> I updated the builders to the fixed version of mock late last week.
>>

> OK, so I guess I have to change my spec files to deal with this.
> However, the underlying reason this error has come up is that mock is
> apparently building in a pseudo root environment. Since packages should
> be able to be built without being root, it seems like it would be more
> correct for mock to emulate a user environment. Wouldn't that prevent
> /usr/share/info/dir from being created in the first place? I'm sorry if
> I'm completely misunderstanding mock here.

I think the situation is that /usr/share/info/dir is created if
permissions allow it. A package build using root would obviously allow
it, but so would a package build as a regular user using a buildroot.

I think that the only reason that this is cropping up now is that
rpmbuild's checks for unpackaged files have been turned on under mock.

Paul.