Asterisk status?

Roy-Magne Mo rmo at sunnmore.net
Thu Jan 5 17:05:05 UTC 2006

Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:02:24PM -0800, fedora-extras at sasami.anime.net wrote:
>> Has anything happened to asterisk in extras since
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-August/thread.html#00144
>
> Not that I'm aware of.
>
> I know it isn't the FE standard way of handling a new package, but I
> still *really* like the idea of importing somebody's spec into CVS as
> a base so that all of us who are interested in Asterisk on Fedora can
> work on it.

I have updated the package from Matthias Saou/RPMForge to the 1.2.1
version of asterisk and zaptel for FC4, seems to work fine for me. I
would gladly contribute my changes back, but I like to fix a couple of
things first.

But could really these packages go into Fedora Extras, as there are
mp3-files and a mp3 decoder in the asterisk package?

--
Roy-Magne Mo