RFC: kernel-modules in Fedora Extras

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Jan 6 16:31:17 UTC 2006

On Friday, 06 January 2006 at 16:55, Jack Neely wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Glad to see that somebody has been spending some time on this.  I've
> been very concerned about the complexity that the packager has to work
> with.  That seems a big focus in this spec file template and I think
> that the usability of the template is pretty good compared to some of
> the other spec files I've tried to work with.  I would encurage
> more comments in the template to identify the parts that the packager
> would focus on.   Also, the trade offs made are very sane.

Seconded. Looks sane to me, too.

> The only kernel module I really care about is OpenAFS which will not
> build with the provided make commands.  However, I don't think that is a
> big problem.

Well, I was about to submit acx (the driver for TI ACX1xx wifi cards),
but the new proposal came out so I'll rework the spec and get back.

Regards,
R.

--
APT/YUM RPM repository for Fedora Core http://rpm.greysector.net/
mpg321, xmp, faad2, lame, mad, *mplayer*, rdesktop, tin, xvid, mks, mutt