RFC: kernel-modules in Fedora Extras

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sat Jan 7 22:06:25 UTC 2006

On Saturday, 07 January 2006 at 22:05, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 12:03 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Oh, you can do looping constructs in specfiles. It's just not _pretty_.
> > I did it once, addressing precisely this problem. I can't remember how,
> > but I think I'm happier that way.
>
> :).  Anyway, if you find it, please post pointers.  (I can imagine it
> being possible by doing it inside %(...) via the shell, but it _sure_
> won't be anywhere near pretty for anything else but trivial things.)
>
> > What chance of extending rpm with a '%foreach'?
>
> A few years ago when I did some searching, the answer to that (IIRC) was
> "none".  No idea if things have changed since.

Actually, I've seen Jeff and others discussing exactly this issue on IRC.
Jeff said something about using make instead of shell as the build script
interpreter.

Regards,
R.

--
APT/YUM RPM repository for Fedora Core http://rpm.greysector.net/
mpg321, xmp, faad2, lame, mad, *mplayer*, rdesktop, tin, xvid, mks, mutt