Some BZ cleanups

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 03:15:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 19:42 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> BTW, where is the problem if you "would rarely look through a
> needs-sponsor bugs"? They need a sponsor for review, so if you're no
> sponsor you can't do anything there in most cases anyway. Save time for
> you, too.

I can recommend changes etc. so that the package is closer to being a
good package when a sponsor gets to it, thus saving the sponsor time.

Also, if it results in a cleaner package, even if the user never is
sponsored - it may be helpful to people searching for the package (as
they'll have a cleaner src.rpm they can build from the bugzilla)

That's my reasoning anyway.

I've got a couple packages on my system built from non approved
src.rpm's - because they provide something I want (not sure that
currently is the case - I think the ones I did install have since been
approved)