Mono package policy

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 21:43:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 20:01 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 12:11 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > As some of you may have noticed, mono (and packages depending on mono)
> > recently went into Fedora Core Rawhide. (Please don't ask me about the
> > why or how this happened, I'm not the right person)
>
> Then let me use this opportunity to ask those who are the RIGHT PERSONS
> on what has caused this change in RH's attitude towards mono.
>
> I think not only the Fedora community is longing for somebody RH to
> elaborate. It would be a matter of fairness towards the Fedora Extra
> community, IMHO.

I'm guessing what it boils down to is business.
If the risk of needing to pull it in the future is outweighed by the
demand from the business sector, that may have been the reason for the
change.

I'm guessing when the discussion last went on, some people @redhat knew
it was a strong possibility but weren't allowed to say anything until
the final decision had been made.

It would be interesting to know who and why though.