Some BZ cleanups

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:09:04 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at farsiweb.info> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 14:59 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Assuming its technically possible to implement in bugzilla. It depends
> > on if bugzilla knows with accuracy that someone already has
> > sponsorship status or not. Which may or may not be true.
>
> Well, if one has sponsorship status, almost always he is the default bug
> assignee for an Extras package.

I think you misunderstand. The mechanism to assign the default assign
for "bug tickets" after a component has been imported into cvs is
somewhat automated based on the owners file in cvs. Its sort of a one
time assignment for that component when the component is created
initially.

The question is does bugzilla really know for sure that someone has
been sponsered in the fedora accounts system?  The bugzilla groups and
the fedora account system are not a 1-to-1 mapping. Anyone who is a
member of fedorabugs in the fedora account system can get extensive
rights to mainpulate bugzilla entries, but they do not have cvs commit
access or sponsorship in the package contributor sense.  I simply do
not know if bugzilla has a mechanism to distinquish people with
sponsorship from people with bugzilla editting rights, which aren't
necessarily the same group of people.  Now it could be that bugzilla's
"fedora_contrib" account flag is exactly what is needed. Is this
bugzilla account flag only given to sponsored contributors to extras?
I simply don't know for sure if thats the case.

-jef