Self-Introduction: Christian Iseli

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Jan 17 12:59:11 UTC 2006

Dear all,

While browsing the Extras wiki pages, I suddenly realized I never submitted a
proper self-introduction message on this list.

Sorry about that.  Here it is...

Full legal name: Christian Iseli

City, Country: Lausanne, Switzerland

Profession: Computer engineer, system manager, bioinformatician

Company: Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (http://www.licr.org)
         and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (http://www.isb-sib.ch)

My goals in the Fedora Project:
 - make Fedora a good choice for the bioinformatics field

 o Packages I want to see published:
   - mainly bioinformatics packages, and system management type packages
 o Do I want to do QA?
   - sure

Historical qualifications
 - I have a PhD in computer engineering.  My thesis was on reconfigurable
   processors (using FPGA chips) and accompanying tools (compilers and such...)

 o What other projects have you worked on in the past?
   - I have not been part of an open source project team, but I worked for a
     couple years on porting binutils/gcc to a small microprocessor and got
     some patches included upstream (in EGCS at the time...)
     I also have a few projects on SourceForge, username c4chris

 o What computer languages and other skills do you know?
   - nowadays it's mainly C and Perl, but whatever works...
   - I know my way in Linux and Solaris (been managing Sun machines since the
     Sun 2 in 1985 or so...)
     I also had some fun with HP/UX, Tru-64, VMS, Tops-20, NOS/BE and some
     others I don't care too much to remember...

 o Why should we trust you?
   - because I'm Kaa singing "Trust in me" ? :-)

GPG KEYID and fingerprint
 o Be sure that your GPG key is uploaded to pgp.mit.edu.
   - yup, that's done

Here are the gory details:
pub   1024D/6D056931 2003-03-06
      Key fingerprint = 4FA8 A97C D4BC 5A4B 8AB6  5872 9414 DD3C 6D05 6931
uid                  Christian Iseli <Christian.Iseli at licr.org>
sub   1024g/1F4FCEFE 2003-03-06