Package looking for a sponsor

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jan 19 14:55:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 13:50 +0100, Andreas Bierfert wrote:

> Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> > Hi,

> >>Which, to be blunt, tells us nothing at all.
> >

> > Actually, it tells you that mono is go and as such, we can package and
> > release mono components in Core and (presumably) Extras.
>
> Maybe it does but I guess what people are wondering about (but do not spell out)
> is this: Why was this decision made without talking to FESCo and the FE
> community?
You've got it - That's one point.

Another point is speculation on "what has changed?".

Most significant change on Fedora, recently: The equally sudden
emphasize on the  "Noncommercial Fedora Foundation".

This, combined with the sudden appearance of mono and the GDK statement
above gives a nice picture ;)

> Maybe rejecting mono stuff from extras for now will get us this explanation
> maybe it won't. I don't know but this maybe the reason for this reaction and
> other reactions we see.

> I want to stress that this is simply my understanding of the stuff that is going
> on atm and _not_ my opinion on the topic... after all I am pro _fedora_.
So am I, but I can't deny the thought, there might be something "cheesy"
going on ...

Ralf