gridengine

Peter Gordon admin at ramshacklestudios.com
Fri Jan 20 03:20:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 16:47 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> - License: SISSL - Is this okay?
Well, the SISSL is a license approved by the OSI (Open Source
Initiative), so I think it should be okay.

> OpenOffice used to be SISSL, right?
Well, it used to be dual licensed under the SISSL and LGPL, but now is
all LGPL'd.

> - Install location: SGE pretty much insists on being installed under a
> single directory.  Might be able to tweak it a little, but not much.
> This obviously does not conform to the filesystem standard.  Is this
> okay?  If so, where should the bulk of the stuff go?  /usr/gridengine?
I would probably it under /usr/lib/gridengine or similar. Other "single
directory" apps like being there too (such as OO.org and Mozilla's
stuff).

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
GnuPG Public Key: 0xDA3634D7