iscan license question

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 22:54:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:48 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 23 January 2006 at 23:36, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:31 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Can iscan parts covered by this license
> > > http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/license/EAPL_e.html
> > > be included in Fedora Extras?
> >
> > Yes, as long as you have source code for all of the bits.
>
> That'll be a 'no' then, as they are all binary.
>
> > Don't include any binary only bits, and we dodge the iffy RE clause.
>
> Which is what I'll do and make a similar package for livna, including only
> the binary parts.

That seems like the best plan of action. The rule of thumb (and I need
to update the documentation to make this clear) is that Fedora Extras
doesn't include anything without source code (unless it is one of the
stated exceptions, firmware, game levels, etc...).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!