Mono apps in extras

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Tue Jan 24 16:26:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> There is a substantial difference: None of us has control over Core, but
> anybody being actively involved into FE, packaging packages for FE or
> using such packages could potentially be subject to legal action.

Anyone could *perhaps* commit an offense in the United States and their
friends in North America. I assume you are Germany-based Ralf, so software
patents, as you know, were turned down by the European parliament. That
doesn't mean you might do something in the States that is not so good with
them, but then they have to get you first ... better cancel all trips to
US from the moment I commit some patent infringement. (I might have
already done that when I approved WINE, life sucks.)

I really think they will go after the Fedora foundation before they go
after you.

Linus