Mono apps in extras

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at farsiweb.info
Tue Jan 24 16:45:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 17:26 +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > There is a substantial difference: None of us has control over Core, but
> > anybody being actively involved into FE, packaging packages for FE or
> > using such packages could potentially be subject to legal action.
>
> Anyone could *perhaps* commit an offense in the United States and their
> friends in North America. I assume you are Germany-based Ralf, so software
> patents, as you know, were turned down by the European parliament.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patents_under_the_European_Patent_Convention#Enforceability_before_national_courts

To quote a part:

"In Germany in the case Logikverifikation (December 13, 1999), the
German Federal Court (German: Bundesgerichtshof or BGH) ruled on a case
involving a European patent claiming a computer-implemented invention,
namely a "method for hierarchical logic verification of
highly-integrated circuits". Going against the run of previous case law,
it overruled the German Federal Patent Court (German:
Bundespatentgericht or BPatG), and came to the conclusion that the
claimed subject-matter did properly meet the 'technical' requirement,
was not excluded from patentability and therefore the patent should be
allowed."

roozbeh