Mono apps in extras

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Tue Jan 24 19:02:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> If and when I can say more, I assure you that I will.

Cool now you sound like a federal comission :-)

That statement alone indeed confirms that it is a hot potato.

In absence of statements we can happily start speculating which will in
turn generate rumors. Here is my first RockingSpeculation(TM) which is
certainly NotTrue(TM): RedHat has struck a deal of sorts with /insert big
company name here/ that their lawyers shall go after Microsoft for all
their patents they break in case Microsoft sue Red Hat or the Fedora
foundation for any patent infringements.

/big company/ could be for example Novell since they sort of make Mono, or
could even be IBM. Both hold many patents dangerous to Microsoft.

Linus