%{?dist} and changelog

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 00:36:09 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>   Hard coding is the only clean and future proof way.
> My conclusion is quite the opposite to what you say: Always encode
> %{dist} into changelogs is the only clean way.

It is a bad idea to use any macros in %changelog, especially ones that
will change in the future.  It makes no sense in the case of %{?dist}
especially because when the package is rebuilt in a future dist, it
shows "fc6" on very old revisions that didn't exist for FC6.  That is
misleading and wrong.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com