Shortlog from todays fesco meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 26 20:55:19 UTC 2006

Find below a short log from todays FESCo meeting. Full log and this
Shortlog in a prettier format is available from:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060126

The Agenda, often with links to some more detailed background on the
topics
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule

Hint: If you want to know what goes on in FESCo land consider
subscribing to Extras/Schedul.* in the wiki (/me hopes that this Regex
actually works).

 * Kernel module standardization

 Ongoing. We'll use the latest version Ville posted to extras list some
days ago. He'll import it to cvs soon.

 Next on the todo-list: Make the buildsystem handle kmods

 * Mass Rebuild of FE5

 We can't start yet, need to wait for another build in core

 Core doesn't really worry about dep order when building

 Looks like we'll ignore the dep-order for rebuilding FE5, too and will
let the packagers request rebuilds -- no script

 * EOL Policy for FE

 We're waiting for Warren. Some details now at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EolPolicy

 * Weekly sponsorship nomination

 New sponsors: Kevin Fenzi (nirik) and (now for real) Josh Boyer (jwb)

 * FE-NEEDSPONSOR

 We have a bug now (#177841) -- do we need more?

 * Encourage more Extras reviews

 Create special interest groups?

 Input needed!

 * Mono in FE

 Nobody was there that said "Disallow it" -> Mono packages allowed from
now on in FE5. If certain people don't feel comfortable submitting or
reviewing said packages, that is up to them.

 Mono in FE4 -- revisit after release of FC5

P.S.: I plan to post this shortlogs in the future after every meeting.
Remind me if I let it slip.