rdiff-backup for FC3

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:43:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 17:33 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 1/28/06, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wonder if whether, just as the idea of supplying a final yum update
> > with configuration files pointing to the Legacy project repos was
> > discussed, the same might be said about mock.  This might aid
> > maintainers who are willing to continue supporting packages for releases
> > that have entered maintenance mode.
>
> If a "maintainer" can't figure out how to reconfigure mock to use a
> legacy target... should i really be encouraging them to pick up the
> burden of provided maintainence updates?

If a "system administrator" can't figure out how to reconfigure yum to
use Legacy depots for picking up security fixes... etc., etc....?  It's
not about encouraging ignorance, it was simply a chance to provide some
QA through an existing, automated channel.  After all, mock will have to
provide new configuration information in the FC5 distro, so why not?
(Well, okay, "will have to" is more like "probably should.")  One person
making the changes as opposed to thousands seems like a no-brainer to
me.  *shrug*