New tracker bugs for the use of ExcludeArchs in packages

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 29 11:31:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry for crossposting -- replies please only to fedora-extras-list.
tia!

Just FYI, I created several new tracker bugs:

179258 - FE-ExcludeArch-x86
179259 - FE-ExcludeArch-x64
179260 - FE-ExcludeArch-PPC

How should they get used? Simple: If you have a packages that uses
ExcludeArch or ExclusiveArch to exclude some architectures from the
build you need to file a separate bug for them [*1]. This bug should be
marked as blocking the corresponding tracker bug(s) listed above -- this
simplifies tracking such issues for other people interested in these
archs that might want to take a look into the problem and fix it.

Note: If the bug you created for your package is probably unfixable
(Examples: apt for x86-64 will probably never happen; wine for ppc seems
also unlikely; Packages specific to ppc that use a ExclusiveArch: ppc
ppc64) then you should close the bug directly after reporting. Otherwise
leave it open.

CU
thl

[*1] -- Quote from