New tracker bugs for the use of ExcludeArchs in packages

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 29 12:50:52 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, den 29.01.2006, 13:30 +0100 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 12:31 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Sorry for crossposting -- replies please only to fedora-extras-list.
> > tia!

only to fedora-extras-list please -- maintainers got a head-up this way
and can participate here in the discussion if they want. Otherwise the
discussion is dispersed on two lists and their archives and that is
quite confusing (see the replies to the daily rawhide reports as eample
-- parts of the discussion runs on fedora-test-list, others on
fedora-devel, and some on both)

> > Just FYI, I created several new tracker bugs:
> >
> > 179258 - FE-ExcludeArch-x86
> > 179259 - FE-ExcludeArch-x64
> > 179260 - FE-ExcludeArch-PPC
> >
> > How should they get used?
> Why have users

Packagers, not users.

> to cope with this at all?

We need the reason why a packager is ExcludeArch/ExlusiveArch somewhere
documented. Bugzilla is the right place for this IMHO.

> It probably wouldn't be too difficult to write script

The script does not know why the package is ExcludeArch/ExlusiveArch.

>  to iterate through
> all *.specs or srpms and update such bugzilla PRs automatically.

Update??? A bug only should be filed once when the
ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch is added -- in most cases this will
during/after review.