extras mirrorlist with out-of-date mirrors

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jul 1 10:39:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 06:10:20PM -0700, Ian Burrell wrote:
> How is the Fedora Extras mirrorlist determined?  Is it maintained?  I
> just noticed that my extras packages weren't being updated with
> packages I knew had been deployed.  The reason is that it was using a
> mirror which is out-of-date.  And not a few minutes out-of-date but
> having a repomd.xml from May 27.
>
> http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/extras/5/ have
> repomd.xml's for both i386 and x86_64 that is from May 27.
>
> ftp://mirror.newnanutilities.org/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/ have
> repomd.xml's from Mar 21.

It would be nice to have mirrors being checked automatically by some
script and whine when the mirror is out of sync for some given
time. It is probably enough to test the size/timestamp of the
metadata.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net