Mass rebuild of Extras packages for FC6? (was: Re: Mass rebuild of core packages coming soon)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 10:55:34 UTC 2006

On 01/07/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> > 1) rpm signing w/ sha256sum
> > 2) New toolset feature to speed up dynamic lib linking by 50%~
> 3) get all packages build with the new and reduced set of packages
> installed in the default mock buildroot

These all seem like good reasons for a rebuild to me.

> 4) make sure all packagers/contributors are still around just a we did
> during the mass-rebuild for FC5

This seems like a commendable desire, but I'm not sure that clobbering
the build system to achieve this goal alone is the best way to go
about it. As a side effect of a mass rebuild for reasons 1-3 though,
it's a nice bonus. I suppose this points to a need to have some
automated way of verifying that package maintainers are still around.

Jonathan