opengroupware for FE

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 4 12:43:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 02:22:34PM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2006, at 14:16, Erwin Rol wrote:
> >Axel already has most parts as fedora RPMS and probably could add the
> >following parts to FE; gnustep-make, libobjc-lf2 and libFoundation.
>
> FYI: I started to remove the libobjc-lf2 dependency. Further OGo
> trunk has fixes for plenty of 64bit issues and stupid gcc 4.1
> warnings (but the port is *not* yet complete).
> Maybe we can release a 64bit ready SOPE 4.5.8 / OGo 1.1.5 at the end
> of the week.

That's great. I'll start to push the rest (not sope/ogo yet) to the
repo.

> BTW: gnustep-make is only a build time dependency for OGo (so the
> gstep-make configured for lF / SOPE / OGo should be a -dev package).

That's how it is done now already. gnustep-make, libFoundation are
non-issues. libobjc-lf2 is a hack, but in this light still packaged
decently, but getting rid of it would be a blessing.

Wrt to sope one would need to check on the subpackaging. And finally
ogo specfiles need all our love.

> >The OGo project already has RPMS for several (if not all) platforms
> >they just need some tuning to fit in the FE buildsystem.

Note that the FE buildsystem (and also ATrpms' and all other used) is
not imposing any special requirements. It just wants to be able to
reproducably install a bunch of packages and have the package
built. So the resulting packages are not tuned to a special
buildsystem, but probably more away from one (I know Erwin didn't mean
otherwise, just clarifying in order to avoid any misinterpretation).

> PS: I think I'm not on the extra's list.

We can keep you on Cc, but your mails to the list won't show up then
(like the one I'm replying to right now).

BTW I'm on fedora-extras and opengrouware lists, no need to Cc me
explicitly unless you want my full attention :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net