Opinions on the election

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 7 15:23:03 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:24:23 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>

>> Mike McGrath schrieb:
>>
>>> Below are the election results for the recent FESCo Election.  I'd
>>> encourage another person to verify these results.  The cutoff line was 13.
>>> Votes | Human_name | Fedora_account_id
>>>
>> thx for posting the results mmcgrath, thx to the infrastructure team in
>> general, thx to Toshio and everybody else for programing the voting app
>> and congrats to all those that got elected.
>>
>> But now to the real topic of this mail: What do all of you think about
>> the whole election. Was it a good idea? Or only wasted time? "Total
>> Ballots: 69" (we have round about 270 people that were permitted to
>> vote) looks a bit sad IMHO.
>>

> ACK. The participation was very disappointing.

I think low participation is just an indication that the previous FESCo
was doing a good job.  People become complacent when things are going
well.  Besides that though, think about how hard it is for us to get
people to rebuild their packages during a mass rebuild.  I guess we'll
have to see how things are during the next election.

    -Mike