VTK anyone?

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:24:19 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Charles V Wright <cvwright at jhu.edu> wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> >> Yap, I found that while looking for references to vtk in bugzilla.
> >> The version I am working on is 5.0.0, I don't know if it's the same as
> >> paraview use, but there will be something to learn for sure...
> >>

> > I've been slowly working on a version.  Latest spec and srpm are at
> > http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/.  I believe the problem I'm
> > having currently is getting some of the examples to compile.
> >
> > I'd be happy to let someone else maintain it though :-).
> >

> Fabrice Bellet has a pretty nice spec file for VTK 5.  If you guys
> haven't seen it yet, it might be a good place to start from.
>
> The SRPM is
> ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/local/fedora/5/SRPMS/vtk-5.0.0-6.src.rpm
>
> It builds pretty happily in mock, has several subpackages for python,
> etc, and in general seems to work pretty well for me on FC5.
>
> I'd love to see VTK in extras, so if there's anything I can do to help,
> please let me know.

Ok. Since I still need a package ACCEPTED for gaining Extras CVS
access, I will try to do my best at this (of course, I still assume
no-one else wants to do that instead...)
I am going to have a look at all the spec files mentioned in this
thread, then assemble something for you to have a look.
Real users of the package will be real useful for testing the results,
so if you are not subscribed to the pkg-review list I can write here
again as soon as I have something workable.

Thanks a lot for all the pointers.