add-to-owners helper script...

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 16:13:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 12:45:46PM -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:
> >Hey all --
> >
> >I have a very simple script I've been using to add entries to the
> >owners.list, by pulling information from ~/.plague-client.cfg, and the
> >rpm itself (either a file or the rpmdb).  It generates the line, adds
> >it (sorted) to owners.list, then prompts with a diff for review before
> >checking it in.  It doesn't do anything aside from that, nor was it
> >designed to.
> >
> >http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/add-to-owners
> >
> >Thoughts, comments?  Would this be useful to have in cvs, in the
> >owners module also?
>
> Cool, can this handle adding emails in the cc list as well? and can it
> auto add cc emails like for the case of perl packages?

Grabbing the CC list can easily be automated using Bugzilla's xmlrpc
API.  Here is an example in python:

    import xmlrpclib
    server = xmlrpclib.Server('https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/xmlrpc.cgi')
    server.bugzilla.getBug(BUG_NUMBER)['cc']

Now that I think about it, all you really need for a script like this is
the Bug #.  From there, you could just parse the comments for the SPEC
file url, then parse the spec for the package name and summary.

luke