Summary from the last FESCo meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jul 2 16:53:30 UTC 2006

== Summary ==

Present from FESCo: thl, scop, mschwendt, spot

 * FESCo election
  * round about only 50 votes so far
  * thl will send out a "go voting" reminder
 * CTRL-C problem (cvs-commits-mails can be prevented by hitting CTRL+C
during commit)
  * Ticket 2006070210000016 created in OTRS
 * Weekly sponsorship nomination
  * Orion Poplawski upgraded to sponsor
  * some discussion about making Steve Pritchard sponsor. He he doesn't
do much reviews but he maintains 83 packages in Extras.  Some people say
"Given the large # of packages he maintains, I think we know his
loyalties and it wouldn't hurt to give it to him.  (He probably wont
screw things up.)  Whether it would benefit us is unclear though if he
doesn't review." while others "like to see more reviews".
  * Sponsors' obligations are not documented anywhere, unfortunately
  * discuss this on the list further
 * legacy updates in build roots
  * added by dgilmore; more discussion on the list
 * scop gave a quick summary from the first packaging committee meeting
  * A real summary will be sent out soon
  * /usr/libexec is ok
  * mono is all %{_libdir}, no noarch
  * ruby packaging guidelines are a-ok
  * php guidelines need some work, moratorium called
  * confirmed packaging committee members:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGroup
 * Note: this was the last meeting of the "old" FESCo. The newly elected
FESCo will meet for the first time next Thursday

== Full Log ==

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060629