opengroupware for FE

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 4 13:46:15 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 02:22:34PM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
>> On Jul 4, 2006, at 14:16, Erwin Rol wrote:
>>> Axel already has most parts as fedora RPMS and probably could add the
>>> following parts to FE; gnustep-make, libobjc-lf2 and libFoundation.
>> FYI: I started to remove the libobjc-lf2 dependency. Further OGo
>> trunk has fixes for plenty of 64bit issues and stupid gcc 4.1
>> warnings (but the port is *not* yet complete).
>> Maybe we can release a 64bit ready SOPE 4.5.8 / OGo 1.1.5 at the end
>> of the week.
>
> That's great. I'll start to push the rest (not sope/ogo yet) to the
> repo.
>
>> BTW: gnustep-make is only a build time dependency for OGo (so the
>> gstep-make configured for lF / SOPE / OGo should be a -dev package).
>
> That's how it is done now already. gnustep-make, libFoundation are
> non-issues. libobjc-lf2 is a hack, but in this light still packaged
> decently, but getting rid of it would be a blessing.
>
> Wrt to sope one would need to check on the subpackaging. And finally
> ogo specfiles need all our love.
>
>>> The OGo project already has RPMS for several (if not all) platforms
>>> they just need some tuning to fit in the FE buildsystem.
I while ago I setup a demo opengroupware server via make etc, after not
being able to get [I forgot which] rpms to make a working server. On fc3
I think it was. It was difficult to get openldap integration going,
never achieved it :(

So, is this packaging already done, or could you use some help from a
beginner packager (I am yet to complete my first package) ? Perhaps a
small / easy part or review of such ?

DaveT.