next FESCo meeting agenda.

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Jul 5 08:32:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:27:09PM +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> Can this proposed policy be discussed in the next FESCo meeting?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeKnox/AWOL_Policy

I think that only existing Fedora Contributors should be able to take over
a package. However the sponsors should consider every contribution to
fedora extras, including working on AWOL packages for sponsorship.

I also think that a maintainer should not be considered AWOL when he has
shown some activity in a package or other packages even if he doesn't
respond to some bugs in a particular package. If he is still active in
other parts of fedora extras, maybe it could be the sponsor responsibility
to try to come to an agreement.

I also think that "a maintainer isn't answering their bugs, not answering
rebuild requests, emails or the like" opens a bit too much for interpretation.
In my opinion it should be only serious issues that allows AWOL procedure.
Like security bug, big usability bug, broken dependency, or a need to rebuild
against newer library version. I don't think it would be right to allow
people to bug maintainers for minor/wrong issues and then start the AWOL
procedure.

--
Pat