enforce co-maintainers

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 5 14:06:33 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:

>>> +1 for co-maintainers.
>>>
>> Well, should we try to enforce co-maintainers in the longer term? E.g. a
>> rule "each package must have at least one primary maintainer and one
>> co-maintainer"?
>>

> That'll just make the barrier to addition higher.
>
> I'd say we don't mandate it but make sure all the bits are there for it
> to be encouraged :)
>
> -sv

Why not just have a task force who's job it is to make sure that
critical updates get applied in a timely manner.  If a bug is not
responded to in a certain amount of time then the task force imports and
builds the new package.  2-3 weeks is a long time for a security
vulnerability, but it doesn't seem that long to wait for a major/minor
release.

    -Mike