Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Jul 5 16:15:30 UTC 2006

fedora at leemhuis.info said:
> But now to the real topic of this mail: What do all of you think about the
> whole election. Was it a good idea?

Yes.

> Or only wasted time?

No.

> "Total Ballots: 69"
> (we have round about 270 people that were permitted to vote) looks a bit sad
> IMHO.

So ?  If the remaining 201 people don't have an opinion, that's their right.
Maybe they'll form an opinion over time, and participate in the next election.

> Should we do another election in the future?

Yes.

> When? Reelect half of the seats
> after FC7 (FC6 is to short)? The other half after FC8, then the first half
> again after FC9 (and so forth)?

Yes, I think that was the idea.

> Anything else we should handle differently in the future?

I see Seth, Ville, and Michael got re-elected even though it said on the
nomination page:
 nominated for the new FESCo as contingent by skvidal
 (contingent: if no one else wants it - they will step up and do the job)

I know I abstained voting for them because of this message...

I do hope they'll accept the job now.

Maybe next time it'd be better if the nomination page is a bit clearer and
doesn't mislead me into thinking some of the people there might prefer not
being elected.

Cheers,
					Christian