"contingent" (was Re: FESCo Election Results)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 5 17:50:28 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller schrieb:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 01:12:29PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>>  I was 'elected' in some sense or another however as I promised I am
>> willing to step down if someone else among those nominated but not
>> elected wish to take my place. As Christian received the most votes
>> below the line I'm offering to step down and for him to take my place.
>> Everyone cool w/that?
> Yes. That's exactly what I presumed the "contingent" comment on the
> nominations page meant.

Just my 2 cent: Yes, that's what the "contingent" comment means in
general. But from my point of view those three are still free to join
FESCo -- e.g. if one of them says "Hey, I got so many votes, it seems
people really want me to do the job" then I think they should do the job
if they want to.

CU
thl