Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 7 11:49:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:24:23 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Mike McGrath schrieb:
> > Below are the election results for the recent FESCo Election.  I'd
> > encourage another person to verify these results.  The cutoff line was 13.
> > Votes | Human_name | Fedora_account_id
>
> thx for posting the results mmcgrath, thx to the infrastructure team in
> general, thx to Toshio and everybody else for programing the voting app
> and congrats to all those that got elected.
>
> But now to the real topic of this mail: What do all of you think about
> the whole election. Was it a good idea? Or only wasted time? "Total
> Ballots: 69" (we have round about 270 people that were permitted to
> vote) looks a bit sad IMHO.

ACK. The participation was very disappointing.

One would assume the FE contributors would back up old or new members of
FESCO much more actively. Not voting leaves too much room for
interpretation and could also be understood as disapproval of the
nominees.

> Anything else we should handle differently in the future?

Clearer instructions on how exactly the "13 out of N" election
works. Doesn't each nominee need at least 50% of the possible votes?