Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Jul 7 17:19:30 UTC 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 12:06, Jima wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:49:33PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >> ACK. The participation was very disappointing.
> >> One would assume the FE contributors would back up old or new members of
> >> FESCO much more actively. Not voting leaves too much room for
> >> interpretation and could also be understood as disapproval of the
> >> nominees.
> >
> > I think it was just a lack of interesting controversy. I went and read
> > the list and everyone's ideas and almost didn't vote.
>
>   Okay, so we'll have to stage a scandal next election.  Someone needs to
> anonymously attest that they saw Dennis Gilmore install Ubuntu on his
> T1000, or something.*  Then he'll in turn fling mud back at whoever
> arranged that relevation (oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that), and you
> can guess where that'll go.  Then someone will probably bribe Sopwith to
> "make a few database adjustments" during the election, which will lead to
> a Fedora Advisory Board investigation, and then all bets are off who will
> be on FESCo.  Maybe THAT will drum up enough interest in the election.
>   For that matter, maybe I sullied Dennis's reputation enough that a
> sufficient majority of Fedora contributors will demand a recall, during
> which Alan Cox will be elected to replace him.
>   Aren't politics fun?
>
>       Jima
>
> [*] This actually happened, but only so he could figure out what drivers
> Aurora needed enabled.

ok  ubuntu  lived on that machine all of a few minutes.  I can say that it was
the worst installer anywhere on this planet.  forcing X configuration for a
machine with no video card is wrong. along with many other just wrong things,
plus  it took longer to install than it ran on the machine.

But i think i forgot to add to the wiki that a vote for me was a vote for
SPARC as an offically supported arch.  So now  we need to add some SPARC
builders to the buildsys :D.  Sopwith  will get mad at me  remove all my
votes from the DB  and  all hell breaks loose.

But seriously  I would like to know   some reasons why people who did not
vote,  choose to not vote.  Was he voting window too short?  was there not
enough noise about the election? and people just plain forgot?

Dennis