Eiciel

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jul 8 19:45:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:00:12 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

> > $ rpmlint eiciel-0.9.2-4.src.rpm
> > E: eiciel hardcoded-library-path in /usr/lib/debug/%{_bindir}/%{name}.debug
> > E: eiciel hardcoded-library-path in /usr/lib/debug/%{_libdir}/nautilus/extensions-1.0/lib%{name}*.debug
>
> Originally I had used macros, but I found that I *HAD* to hardcode that
> path, as it worked on x86 with macros, but failed on x86_64 as the files
> do not go into /usr/lib64/debug/usr/lib64 but into
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64, perhaps I'm  unaware of a macro that expands
> to /usr/lib on all platforms?

You don't need to handle these files in your .spec at all. The files
do not find a way into your "eiciel" package unless your include files
you must not include. Just delete the two %exclude line. :)

> Or perhaps eiciel's make install has placed them in the wrong location,
> and i should be correcting for that?

They are created by rpmbuild (with package "redhat-rpm-config" installed,
and %_enable_debug_packages defaults to 1) and are put into an
automatically created eiciel-debuginfo package.