What do Extras contributors use the wiki for?

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Jul 9 20:03:12 UTC 2006

In order to reduce the complexity in getting started with Extras, we have made
a few adjustments in the past to avoid making EditGroup membership a
requirement for Extras contributors.  At present, some pages, like
CVSSyncNeeded, have special ACLs that avoid the normal EditGroup requirement.

I'd like to know where Extras contributors might currently need EditGroup
membership in order to perform required tasks.  Until we have a single
sign-on ability (which is an Infrastructure to-do item), I'd like to enable
Extras contributors to do their jobs without requiring EditGroup membership.
While EditGroup membership is a small step for members of cvsextras, it is
one step that we can avoid, and every little bit helps in the overcomplicated
process that new contributors must currently complete.

Candidates for adjustment include pages that any Extras contributor needs to
edit but do not provide content to end-users.  Eligible pages might include
tracking pages, schedules or task lists.  Ineligible pages would include SIG
pages, documentation pages or policy pages.  Some examples that I have
already seen for eligible pages are the FCx Status pages, User Registry,
Orphaned Packages List and Wish List.  Does anyone have other pages to
suggest or any reasons why these examples shouldn't be opened up?

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/