QA ideas (was Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jul 9 20:56:09 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 09 juillet 2006 à 20:15 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :

> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> >   * set up scripts that check existing Spec-Files and packages
> > automatically for bogus things and new rules/behaviors or common
> > problems (empty debuginfo, hardcoded rpath, ...)
> >

> I was thinking about how right you are on this and then I had a very
> good idea, someone (with more experience with this then me and buildsys
> / cvs server access) should write a script which periodically

It's good to do periodic checks but what's more good is to trace
evolutions over time :
1. is the number of broken packages increasing or decreasing ?
2. how long was a package broken in the last months, is the maintainer
caring about it or letting it break for long periods of times ?
3. is it always breaking for the same reasons ?
4. how many bugs where opened against it ?

All these things can be traced by plugging rddtools on your tests
results. I doubt many people remember enough of the past now to
correlate the test results with FC5t2 for example

--
Nicolas Mailhot