obsolete dependencies on libsysfs.so.1

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Jul 9 23:00:44 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 11:18:32PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 15:42 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > Core no longer contains libsysfs.so.1.  The following packages
> > currently in -development have dependencies on this library.  This
> > causes these apps to fail to upgrade (I noticed this as kdebase
> > requires lm_sensors which requires libsysfs.so.1 thus that upgrade
> > failed; there are other failure paths as well of course...).
> >
> > Core:
> > cpufreq-utils-002-1.1.37
> > device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-2.0
> > lm_sensors-2.10.0-2 (BZ #198055 filed)
> > openhpi-2.4.1-4
>
> Your list is missing iprutils.

indeed, and bridge-utils.  I hadn't realized these were being caught
by the daily rawhide report, and that for Core, package maintainers
get auto-spammed by same.  I went and filed bugs though against those
in my last message that didn't have bugs filed.

What's the Core equivalent of Extras' owners/owners.list? Each of the
tools that's generating Core+Extras stats could make use of such to
identify package owneres too.

Thanks,
Mat

--