Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Mon Jul 10 05:09:51 UTC 2006

On 7/9/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Sure, that's a solution (at least for all those that use procmail). But
> I'd prefer a solution on the server side that gets maintained
> automatically because a local setup is much more likely to break
> (package renames, forgetting to add new packages,...).

A point you just made in passing is relevant -- I suspect there are a
goodly number of us (like me) who prefer to let the good folks at
google (or elsewhere) deal with our mail, and lack the ability to
create truly sophisticated filters.  A solution on the server side is
consistent, universal, and places no additional "you MUSTs" on people.

                             -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia