Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jul 10 16:59:01 UTC 2006

Rahul schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Rahul schrieb:
>>> Kindly contact the Fedora advisory board where our counsel is a
>>> member. Call this policy.
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board
>> We need to discuss things first. Warren seems to be the one to contact
>> when there are issues. But that's nowhere documented (and might be wrong)
>
> Its already documented who the legal contact is clearly
> http://fedora.redhat.com/About/contact.html
> If you think that isnt working, the advisory board list is a open path.
> What exactly is the concern here?

We are far away from the point where FAB need to be bought into the
discussion. We simply need a documented way that lays down thinks like
"If you have a software and are not sure if it can be packaged for
Extras ask foo at bar.com for advice. He will forward it to FESCo and/or
Fedora Legal if it becomes necessary and help you getting the problem
resolved."

CU
thl